This licence is no longer regulated by Brisbane City Council. The council withdrew the Accommodation Standards local law in August 2005.
If you are operating a residential service (Boarding houses and supported accommodation) as defined under the Residential Services (Accreditation) Act 2002 you need to apply for registration and accreditation under this legislation to the Residential Services Accreditation Unit, Office of Fair Trading.
Once you have liased with Residential Services, please contact council and arrange for an audit of your premises. You can apply for this audit using the Request for assessment application form. There is a fee for this audit.
For further information about the following contact the Brisbane City Council call centre:
- fire safety standards
- building issues
- vermin, rubbish and overgrown land
- noise (plant and machinery)
- illegal use, building certification and development approvals.
- development assessment approvals: you need approval to run a business in your chosen location, or to change a class of business currently operating at the location
- building plan approval: required when performing most building works. You can arrange for approvals to do building work through a building certifier (see listing in the Yellow pages under Building Surveyors)
- plumbing approval: If you are installing items such as sinks and hand basins, or making alterations to existing plumbing work, you may need council approval
- signage approval: some advertising signs require council approval.