A permit may be granted under the following conditions:
- you do not place the stall in the immediate vicinity of a shop selling similar products
- you situate the stall so that no undue obstruction of pedestrian traffic occurs
- you set specific hours of operation
- you keep noise at an acceptable level without detriment to neighbouring properties
- amplified noise, public address systems or loudhailers may be prohibited
- you keep and leave the area in a clean and tidy condition
- you display your permit and/or parking permit at the stall
- you maintain a clear unobstructed corridor on the footway between the approved area and roadside kerb. (However, council may require a larger distance if it determines pedestrian traffic density requires an increased footway)
- you ensure that all fixtures, fitting and devices placed on the footway are of sound construction and design and aesthetically acceptable to council, and you maintain these properly
- you use the approved footpath area during normal business trading hours.
This permit does not apply to stalls where food is prepared or sold. A separate Temporary Food Stall Permit or Standing Stall Permit is available from council. You should check with council regarding specific requirements.