To receive this approval, your local council must be satisfied of the following:
- you will operate in a way that will not cause nuisance, inconvenience or annoyance to the occupiers of adjoining land or cause environmental harm
- all facilities will be at an acceptable standard for use by residents
- the operation and management of the caravan park / camping ground will comply with council local laws.
You may also require development approval if you are:
- starting a new caravan park or camping ground
- changing the type of activity (e.g. from private residence to caravan park)
- re-establishing a caravan park or camping ground that was abandoned
- changing the intensity of the activity (e.g. adding extra camping grounds)
- carrying out building work
- carrying out plumbing or drainage work.
You may also need plumbing and drainage approval if you are conducting the following activities:
- release of trade waste to sewer
- installation and maintenance of back flow prevention devices
- use of non-reticulated water supply (tank water)
- on-site sewage facilities.
You should ensure your zoning is appropriate prior to applying for this approval.