AusCERT provides this service to:
- reduce the probability of intrusion and attacks;
- to lower the risk of consequential damage; and
- to reduce direct security costs.
AusCERT also provides advanced security training and runs the largest IT security conference in Australia.
Started in 1992 as a community service for network users, the Australian Computer Emergency Response Team (AusCERT) is now the premier computer and network incident and security response team in the Asia Pacific region and is the national CERT for Australia.
- provides a trusted, confidential, and independent source of information about computer and network security, which assists organisations to defend against, and respond to, attacks by hackers and criminals;
- is a single point of contact - a clearing house - on computer and network security, operating 24 hours a day to provide a worldwide focal point for the region;
- co-operates and liaises with the foremost computer security teams around the world to provide global coverage of computer and network vulnerabilities, intruder attacks and protective remedies;
- provides advanced IT security training; and
- runs the largest IT security conference in Australia.