You will need this approval to moor a commercial vessel or amphibious vehicle. You will also need this approval to use a public boat ramp, jetty and / or pontoon for any other activity. These activities include:
- riding an animal on any jetty, barge loading ramp or boat ramp
- packing or unpacking any dangerous or contaminated goods or other goods likely to adversely affect public health or safety or the environment (other than fish and fishing tackle and other goods associated with fishing) on any jetty
- soliciting, canvassing for sale, or selling boat tickets, goods, foodstuffs, chattels or any other thing on any jetty
- erecting or maintaining any sign board, notice board, or other fixtures or erection for the exhibition of bills or notices on any jetty
- exhibiting, affixing or maintaining any bill or notice on a jetty.
You do not need this approval to moor your boat if the activity is authorised by a notice displayed by council at the boat ramp or landing, or if you have written permission from an authorised person.