Migrants make valuable contribution to Queensland's economy and society. Business and Skilled Migration Queensland promotes Queensland as the settlement destination of choice for migrants, and can nominate prospective business and skilled migrants.
What Support is Provided?
The Australian Government provides the opportunity for State and Territory governments to sponsor skilled and business migrants under certain visas.
The Queensland Government nominates individual skilled and business migrants for temporary, provisional and permanent residency visas. Individuals who wish to live in Queensland and establish and run their businesses from Queensland, invest in Queensland, or to take up skilled employment can be nominated by the Queensland Government for business and skilled migration.
Business and Skilled Migration Queensland provides information to potential migrants on nomination and visa options for both the skilled and business subclass that are eligible for state nomination. Appointments may be available on request for business visa applicants.
The business visas which the Queensland Government can nominate are:
- 188 - Business Innovation and Investment - Innovation (intending to operate a business in Queensland);
- 188 - Business Innovation and Investment - Investor (intending to invest in Queensland Treasury Corporation);
- 188 - Business Innovation and Investment - Significant Investor Visa for high net worth individuals wishing to invest $5 million in Queensland.
- 188 - Business Innovation and Investment - Entrepreneur (for applicants who have sourced $200,000 from a third party to undertake a complying entrepreneur activity).
- 132 - Business Talent - Significant Business History (high-calibre business people intending to operate a business in Queensland);
- 132 - Business Talent - Venture Capital Entrepreneur (for people who have obtained at least $1million in funding from an Australian venture capital firm);
- 888 - Business Innovation and Investment - Innovation (eligible holders of the 188 visa and eligible New Zealand residents);
- 888 - Business Innovation and Investment - Investor (eligible holders of the 188 visa); and
- 888 - Business Innovation and Investment - Significant Investor Visa (eligible holders of the subclass 188 visa).
General Skilled Migration
The skilled visas, under which the Queensland Government provides sponsorship for individuals are:
Migrants can also apply for visas that do not require state nomination through the Australian Government website.
Migrants can be nominated in occupations that are identified as having a skills shortage to assist Queensland industry in having a highly skilled labour force supply via the SkillSelect Expression of Interest database.