Helps to turn ideas into reality with co-investment in
Queensland businesses at the forefront of commercialising ground-breaking
research or innovations.
The Fund is a $40 million early stage investment fund targeted at emerging and high growth innovative Queensland businesses to help Queensland's best and brightest turn their ideas and innovations into a commercial reality.
The Business Development Fund (the Fund) focuses on the
growth of innovative Queensland businesses, particularly in the emerging
industries of tomorrow. It will create high value, knowledge-based and skilled
jobs now and into the future.
Through providing early stage co-investment funding, the
Business Development Fund will promote angel and venture capital investment in
Queensland-based businesses. This will help facilitate the development of a
sustainable private market for venture capital finance in Queensland.
What we are looking for
Queensland based businesses that:
- are commercialising research, an innovative idea or an innovative
product or service
- require seed, early stage or follow-on investment
- will create opportunities for new, high value and skilled
- have a realistic prospect of becoming commercially
Private sector co-investors that have:
- committed to providing an investment in a business that at
least matches the investment sought from the Fund
- demonstrated commitment to, and track record in making
investments in seed and early stage businesses
- experience in providing support, management and mentorship
to seed and early stage businesses
- a strong and established reputation
- the ability to manage Fund reporting.
The Business Development Fund's independent Investment Panel, which consists of experienced entrepreneurs, will assess applications.