Coastal development approval searches - Queensland


You need to request a search of coastal records if you are making a development application in a coastal area.

The tidal works search will show if existing tidal works, such as jetties, seawalls, navigation channels and marina basins, have been approved.

If you are looking at buying property next to tidal water you may also want to request a coastal management district search which will show if the land is prone to erosion and subject to special controls.

Service type

Support Service

A service offered by government to aid in running a business.


Charges apply to the tidal works search.

Additional information

You will need to supply the Lot number and Registered Plan number, which includes the prefix and numbers of the land.  This information will appear on the Title Deed, registered plan or rates notice.

Administering agency

Department of Environment and Science

Environmental Services and Regulation

Industry Sector Regulation and Support

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Permit and Licence Management

Department of Environment and Science

Mailing address: GPO Box 2454
Phone: 1300 130 372
Website: Department of Environment and Science (Opens in new window)