You need this approval to moor a commercial vessel or use a boat ramp and / or jetty for any other activity. These activities include:
- riding an animal on any jetty, barge loading ramp or boat ramp
- packing or unpacking any dangerous or contaminated goods or other goods likely to adversely affect public health or safety or the environment (other than fish and fishing tackle and other goods associated with fishing) on any jetty
- soliciting, canvassing for sale, or selling boat tickets, goods, foodstuffs, chattels or any other thing on any jetty
- erecting or maintaining any sign board, notice board, or other fixtures or erection for the exhibition of bills or notices on any jetty
- exhibiting on, affixing to, or maintaining any bill or notice on any jetty.
You do not need this approval to moor your boat if the activity is authorised by a notice displayed by council at the boat ramp or landing, or if you have written permission from an authorised person.
An authorised person can either be an employee of the council, a person appointed by the chief executive officer, or a person appointed under regulation.