This service is provided to improve the assessment and management of the state's water and related resources.
The Water Planning and Catchment Sciences Hydrology Unit offers consulting services for water assessment in the following areas:
- detailed groundwater yield analysis and specialist advice on all aspects of groundwater
- detailed surface water yield analyses and water resource system modelling
- detailed flood studies
- dam break analyses, flood-plain modelling, backwater analyses and sediment transport analyses
- hydrometeorological and surface water groundwater data analyses
- initiation and review of broad policy for water management, both ground water and surface water
- a consultancy service on all hydrologic matters
- specialist hydrology and hydraulics assistance and advice for EIS reviews, reviews of consultancy reports and Land Court appeals
- research and development of models and modelling techniques
- groundwater flow modelling, solute transport modelling and soil-water process modelling
- down-hole geophysical logging
- bore construction, pump and flow testing, groundwater monitoring and data analysis.
After initial discussions and provision of a brief with the client, the group applies appropriate up-to-date technology and techniques to meet the client's needs. A report is then prepared within an agreed time frame.