The aim of this support service is to provide information on electrical safety.
The Electrical Safety Office (ESO) provides:
- specific information on licences covered by the Electrical Safety Act 2002 and Electrical Safety Regulations 2002,
- advice on legislation, industry codes of practice and information products put out by the ESO,
- telephone, email and face-to-face discussion,
- advice on how to gain approval certificates for prescribed electrical equipment and how to arrange tests,
- processing of test reports upon submission of an application; and
- issuing Certificates of Approval for compliant equipment.
The electrical equipment safety system (EESS) commenced 1 March 2013. Further information is available on the Electrical Safety website.