To apply for an environmental authority, you must be a suitable operator. To be registered as a suitable operator, you must either complete the online application form or request the suitable operator registration form via email and submit the form to the department using the postal details found on the form.
You must also meet the standard conditions and eligibility criteria prescribed to your specific ERA.
You may require development approval if you are conducting the following activities:
- changing the type of activity
- re-establishing an ERA activity that was abandoned
- changing the scale or intensity of activity
- carrying out building work
- carrying out plumbing or drainage work.