You need this permit to carry out an extractive industry.
This does not apply to operations that are regulated by the:
- Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999
- Mineral Resources Act 1989
- Petroleum Act 1923
- Water Act 2000
- Forestry Act 1959.
You do not need this permit for operations involving:
- coal (as defined in the Coal Mining Safety and Health Act 1999)
- a mineral (as defined in the Mineral Resources Act 1989) or
- petroleum (as defined in the Petroleum Act 1923).
Certain farm improvement work is exempt from permit requirements. Contact council for further details.