Extraordinary/overdimension vehicle, transport of buildings - Redland City Council - Queensland


You require approval to operate over-width, over-length or overweight vehicles on roads. You also require approval to transport machinery or buildings.

You must seek approval if your vehicle will be travelling across roads which are in jurisdiction of the Department of Transport and Main Roads. You also need to notify Queensland Police.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Application process

You should notify council in writing in each instance, notifying the route the vehicle will be taking.

Contact council for more information on the current application process and relevant form.

Administering agency

Redland City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Redland City Council

Operating address: Corner Bloomfield & Middle Streets
Cleveland, Queensland, 4163
Mailing address: PO BOX 21
Cleveland, Queensland 4163
Phone: 07 3829 8999
Fax: 07 3829 8765
Email: rcc@redland.qld.gov.au
Website: Redland City Council (Opens in new window)