Your company requires the Fire protection contractor licence to carry out or certify fire protection work within the scope of work definition for one of the classes of:
- fire detection, alarm and warning systems
- passive fire protection-fire and smoke walls and ceilings
- passive fire protection-fire collars, penetrations and joint sealing
- passive fire protection-fire doors and shutters
- portable fire equipment and hose reels (hose reels down stream of stop cock only)
- fire hydrants and hose reels
- fixed pumps
- sprinkler and suppression systems-reticulated water based
- special hazard suppression systems
- emergency lighting
- emergency procedures
- fire safety professional.
If your business will be contracting through a company structure, then the company is required to hold a licence. The company must be registered with the Australian Securities and Investment Commission and you must provide a historical extract to the Commission with the licence application to identify all directors and other influential persons.
Your company must have a nominee supervisor who is currently licensed in the same class or who will be lodging an individual application for the same class.