Food Business Licence - Brisbane - Queensland


If you are starting a new food business or taking over an existing food business you may need a food business licence.

To find out the requirements for

  • home based food business
  • market stalls
  • mobile vehicles
  • roadside vending
  • cafes
  • restaurants
  • takeaway
  • food manufacturing
  • catering

Please go to Starting a new food business

If you are thinking about taking over an existing licensed food business, find out how to research the food business and purchase a pre-sale inspection report. Licences are not transferable and you will need to apply for a new licence. Click here if you would like to learn more about the different requirements if your are renovating the premises.

Information for existing food licensees. Learn about the Eat Safe rating program and licence renewals. Find out Council's requirements for renovations to premises and adding new food services. All licensees must nominate a Food Safety Supervisor and some need to have an accredited Food Safety Program.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


You can obtain a schedule of fees from council.

Additional information

Please go to Food business forms to obtain your application forms.

Administering agency

Brisbane City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Brisbane City Council

Mailing address: GPO Box 1434
Queensland 4001
Phone: 07 3403 8888
Website: Brisbane City Council (Opens in new window)
Website: Business centre locations and opening hours (Opens in new window)