Gas work authorisation (motor fuel) - Queensland


This authorisation is required to undertake gas work for a gas system that supplies fuel to the engine of a vehicle or vessel (marine) or to a stationary engine (up to 5 GJ/hour) or to a stationary engine.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

The applicant must demonstrate that for an individual applicant, that individual, or for a corporate applicant, each individual who will perform gas work for the corporation has completed a relevant course of training or otherwise demonstrates competency to the Chief Inspector.


This authorisation remains in effect for the term specified on the authorisation.


Refer to Application for Gas Work Authorisation in Forms below.

Application process

You can obtain this authorisation by submitting a completed Application for a Gas work authorisation (motor fuel) (form PGA728AV) to your regional office. The application fee and authorisation fee must accompany the application.

If you are from interstate or overseas, you can obtain information about how to obtain this authorisation from Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate.


This authorisation cannot be transferred.

Additional information

Approval of automotive gas propulsion installations is handled by the department's Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate.

Administering agency

Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy

Mine Safety and Health

Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Chief Inspector, Petroleum and Gas

Petroleum and Gas Inspectorate

Mine Safety and Health

Department of Natural Resources, Mines and Energy

Phone: 13 QGOV (13 74 68)
Website: Department of Natural Resources and Mines (Opens in new window)