To provide a searchable database of information on registered and permitted Agvet chemical products for use in Australia. The Infopest resource promotes correct and responsible use of Agvet chemicals in order to prevent damage to the environment, human and livestock health and crops, and for market access.
There are currently 12 213 registered products and 1 137 current permits in the Infopest database. The full label library contains over 50 560 labels and 8 198 MSDS. Infopest contains data on over 1 million uses for currently registered products together with historical data on products that are no longer registered.
Infopest is a one-stop shop for accurate, up-to-date information for the effective control of weeds, pests and diseases in a wide range of crops and livestock. No other database is as up-to-date or as comprehensive a source of registered Australian chemicals.
Using Infopest will give primary products and other agencies greater opportunities to reduce cost and generate increased returns while taking care of the legal obligation to protect works and the environment and to meet quality assurance and market access requirements.
Infopest's search mechanisms help find Agvet products that:
- can be used on a particular host (crop, animal or other)
- can be used to control a particular pest (weed, disease, insect and other)
- are registered by a particular company (dealer)
- contain a certain active constituent
- have a particular product name
- or any combination of the above.
Infopest is a valuable resource for:
- agribusiness consultants
- agricultural and veterinary regulatory officers
- chemical suppliers and resellers
- commercial sprayers
- primary products
- workplace health and safety representatives