Your local council may consider the following factors in deciding whether to grant this approval:
- the land's physical suitability for the proposed use
- the structural suitability of enclosures
- the likelihood of the animals causing nuisance, inconvenience, or annoyance to the occupiers of the adjoining land
- the likely effect on the amenity of the surrounding area
- the likely effect on the local environment and any possible pollution or other environmental damage
- other relevant factors to the circumstances of the case.
If you intend to keep a beehive you must register as a beekeeper with Biosecurity Queensland.