Transfer to other land
While IWA usually attaches to the land, IWA in some prescribed areas can be transferred to other land provided that the requirements in S8 & 9 of the Regulation are met.
Transfer to the other owner
If the IWA holder intends to cease to be the owner of the land, the IWA holder may apply to transfer the IWA to the person who will be the owner of the land. However, if the IWA holder does not apply to transfer the IWA, the IWA transfers by default to the registered owner of the land immediately the IWA holder ceases to be the owner.
If a disposal of any part of the land which the IWA attaches is made, the IWA will be jointly held unless the parties apply for separate replacement IWA within 60 business days of the disposal of the part of the land.
Required before transferring this authority:
- To other land - See section 9 of the Regulation.
- To another owner - Application on the approved form.
- To other land - contact the department.
- To another owner - the IWA defaults to the registered owner of the land, or ou can transfer this IWA by applying in writing on the approved form to the contact office at the address given on the website.
Required before transfer is granted:
- To other land - if conditional approval is given, the applicant must confirm their intention to proceed with the transfer on the approval form.
- To other owner - nil, unless the department requests information.