You may apply for this licence if you are a 'person'. Person is defined as an individual or corporation (public company, private company, club, association, government agency or partnership).
Prior to completing the application, the applicant must decide whether to apply as an individual or a corporation.
If an individual is a person having an interest in a corporation and the corporation is the separate legal entity responsible for the intended explosives operations and activities, the individual must apply using the corporate licence application form.
An individual who does not have an interest in a corporation would apply using the individual licence application form.
A corporation applying for this licence must:
- nominate an authorised person to act on behalf of the corporation; and
- if non publicly listed company, provide completed security assessment applications and pay the relevant fees for each person having an interest in the company.
You can obtain this licence by submitting a completed application to the nearest Explosives regional office.
The required items section of the application form outlines all prerequisite licensing requirements.
You may also be required to provide the following before your application is approved:
- the Chief Inspector of Explosives may require further assessment of the applicant under S15 (8)(c) of the Explosives Act 1999
- the applicants work status may require the provision of further information not outlined on the application form
- an Inspector will review the manufacture operations, safety management system and security plans to ensure compliance
- the manufacturing activity cannot commence until the licence is issued.