You may apply for this licence if you are a 'person'. Person is defined as an individual or corporation (public company, private company, club, association, government agency or partnership).
If an individual is a person having an interest in a corporation and the corporation is the separate legal entity responsible for the intended explosives operations and activities, the individual must apply using the corporate licence application form.
A corporation applying for this licence must:
- nominate an authorised person to act on behalf of the corporation; and
- if non publicly listed company, provide an ASIC Extract showing the directors of the corporation.
- If a publicly listed company, nominate a responsible person for explosives activities related to the company.
You can obtain this licence by submitting a completed application to the nearest Explosives regional office.
You may also be required to provide the following before your application is approved:
- the Chief Inspector of Explosives may require further assessment of the applicant under S15 (8)(c) of the Explosives Act 1999
- the applicants work status may require the provision of further information not outlined on the application form
- an Inspector will review the manufacture operations, safety management system and security plans to ensure compliance
- the manufacturing activity cannot commence until the licence is issued
- for a licence or permit related to security sensitive explosives, the individual, directors, partners or nominated responsible person must hold a current security clearance.