The National Centre for Engineering in Agriculture (NCEA) is a research centre of the University of Southern Queensland. The NCEA is a research provider providing contract research and specialised consulting services. It offers a research and development (R&D) service to the rural production, manufacturing and processing industries covering all aspects of agricultural engineering, including in particular:
- irrigation application, storage and supply systems
- water resource planning and management
- sustainable soil management
- precision agriculture
- agricultural energy use and greenhouse gas emissions
- smart technologies for rural industries and environmental management.
This service is provided to:
- develop equipment and systems which will contribute to improvements in the profitability and sustainability of Australian agriculture and value adding;
- aid regional and national agricultural production and processing equipment manufacturing sectors to improve their international competitiveness;
- promote and coordinate Australia's professional agricultural engineering resources.