Simtars provides this service to eliminate illness caused by the working environment and to enable employers to comply with the relevant mine safety and health regulations and the Work Health and Safety Act.
Simtars' Occupational Hygienists develop and undertake proactive monitoring programs to monitor worker exposure to workplace conditions and provide advice to control or eliminate exposure. Workers may be exposed to a range of hazards in the workplace including dusts, mists, fumes, gases, vapours and other aerosols. These substances can cause serious health problems.
Simtars provides assessment and control solutions for a wide range of occupational hygiene issues, including:
- Respirable and inhalable dust
- Diesel particulate matter (DPM)
- Hazardous substances and dangerous goods
- Confined spaces
- Flammable, explosive and toxic gases
- Indoor air quality
- Water quality
- Volatile organic compounds (VOCs)
- Welding and metal fumes
- Respirable silica
- Heavy metals
- Heat stress
- Noise and vibration
- Biological agents
- Electromagnetic radiation (EMR)
- Formaldehyde and solvents
- Asbestos and synthetic mineral fibre (SMF).
Simtars' occupational hygienists use a range of methods to evaluate workplace contaminants and occupational hygiene issues, including:
- Walk through surveys and audits
- Static, real time and full shift sampling
- Expert risk assessment
- Control method evaluations
- Exposure distribution monitoring
- Noise mapping
- Locum occupational hygiene specialists
- Gas detector calibration.