Permit for Commercial Activity within National Parks (Photography/Film) - Queensland


This permit is required to conduct commercial photography or film making activities in a National Park.

It is not required when the filming or photography involves 10 or less people and no structures.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


This permit remains in effect for a maximum of three years, depending on the applicant's requirements. Permits can be re-issued if the operator is planning to continue activities beyond the expiry of the permit.


You can obtain information on fees from the Business Queensland website.

Application process

You can apply for this permit by completing the online Application for commercial activity permit.

For permits with terms greater than 3 months, you must submit a Filming and Photography Quarterly Return of Operations Form within 20 business days of the end of the quarter (i.e. at the end of March, June, September and December).  You must still submit a return, even if no filming or photography has occurred in a quarterly period.  However, no fees will apply.

Complete and submit your Return of Operations and pay any fees due online.

Please read the information about commercial activities on National Parks, Recreation Areas and Forests prior to completing the online application form.

Should an application for a commercial activity be approved and a permit is granted, the permit holder must obtain a Public Liability Insurance Policy for a minimum of $20,000,000. The permit holder must also indemnify the State against any actions arising out of the activity. Standard indemnity and insurance clauses will be included as conditions of the permit.


This permit cannot be transferred.

Administering agency

Department of Environment and Science

Queensland Parks and Wildlife Service

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Department of Environment and Science