Permit to operate a caravan park and relocatable home parks - Queensland


Council regulates caravan parks and relocatable homes  parks under the Caravan Parks and Relocatable Home Parks Local Law 2000 to ensure they are maintained in a clean and hygienic condition and appropriate facilities are provided.

When you need a permit

Under the local law the use of an area of land for accommodation of any of the following requires a permit from Council:

  • caravan
  • cabin
  • tent or other structure that can readily assembled and disassembled
  • relocatable home.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


You can obtain a schedule of fees from council.

Additional information

For more information on how to apply and other approvals to consider please go to Brisbane City Council.

Administering agency

Brisbane City Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Brisbane City Council

Mailing address: GPO Box 1434
Queensland 4001
Phone: 07 3403 8888
Website: Brisbane City Council (Opens in new window)
Website: Business centre locations and opening hours (Opens in new window)