You can apply for a licence by submitting the following items to the Queenland Building and Construction Commission (QBCC):
- Application for a licence (Form 21)
- proof of identity
- satisfactory evidence of your relevant qualifications and practical experience
- the fee, as set under the Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2003 (Qld)
- any other documents that the approved form requires, and
- if you are licensed by an interstate or New Zealand licensing authority, written details of any conditions of your licence.
The fees are set out in Schedule 4 of the Plumbing and Drainage Regulation 2003 (Qld).
Licensing fees are payable at the time of submitting an application.
Before deciding the application the QBCC may investigate the applicant, request further information or require the applicant to undergo a written, oral or practical examination.