The QBCC supports the growing Queensland
community by providing information, advice and regulation to ensure the
maintenance of proper building standards, remedies for defective building work.
By doing this we promote confidence in the building and construction industry.
provide information and advice for homeowners and contractors in Queensland.
This assistance is provided through:
a Customer Contact Centre
- the QBCC website and social
- media releases, editorial
- fact sheets
- informative publications and
- participation in trade and
Customer Service Officers are able to provide information regarding the licensing of builders,
trade contractors, building designers, supervisors, certifiers and owner
- licence application
- which licenses are required
for particular jobs
- free online licence searches
of licence holders
- dispute prevention
- QBCC's dispute resolution
- QBCC's Warranty Scheme which
provides homeowners a safety net against non-completion, defective work