In accordance with the Foreign Ownership of Land Register Act 1988 the department provides this service:
- to enable easy access to Queensland foreign ownership of land register details; and
- to produce basic statistical reports and analysis on the extent of foreign land ownership in Queensland.
Search access to the database of the Foreign Ownership of Land register to provide information and reports on foreign ownership of land in Queensland.
Searches may be conducted on:
- a nominated registered owners name
- a real property description (eg Lot 5 on Plan 10) or
- by title reference (eg 11001100)
You can also obtain reports about the extent of foreign ownership of land in Queensland according to :
- the value of acquisitions per financial year (in Australian dollars)
- the total land area held (measured by hectares) by nationality
- the country of origin of the foreign landholder
- the local government area (shire or council) in which the landholding is located
- the total number of land parcels held by nationality.