The Mines Inspectorate provides this support service to:
- minimise injury and protect the health of employees at mines and quarries and the public affected by those operations
- improve technical, health and safety advice to industry
- enhance management of emergency situations
The department holds seminars and workshops from time to time in conjunction with the industry in relation to health and safety aspects and technology.
Subject matter focuses on:
- exploration for minerals
- machinery safety aspects
- dust, noise and ground control
- inspecting and auditing of mining and quarrying operations, and
- training in safety aspects, eg accident experience.