program provides newly started small businesses access to professional advice
and support in the critical early stages of establishing a business.
objectives of the program are to:
- support new Queensland small
businesses to establish and develop
- encourage entrepreneurship
and increase business capability and skills
- facilitate and encourage
access to professional business advice
- improve business confidence
and business sustainability
- promote a culture of
successful small businesses within Queensland
- assist small businesses to
work smarter, be more innovative and work less hours
- result in more small
businesses surviving, growing and employing staff
- create an environment that
makes it easier to do business.
Matched funding of up to $5000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage a consultant, advisor, or business coach for up to three months to help establish or develop the business. The minimum grant funding amount s $1000.
The advice must fall under one or more of the following areas:
- professional business, tax, computing, legal or financial (accounting) advice
- business and strategic planning
- market research and marketing strategies, including branding strategies and social media/digital strategies.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the service.