Stock route network permits - Queensland


To use the Queensland stock route network, you need permits for:

  • travelling stock on foot
  • grazing (agistment) of stock
  • using water facilities.

Any stock owner or their authorized agent can apply for a permit. The stock owner is the holder of the permit.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Act(s) name

Land Act 2010 QLD

Land Protection (Pest and Stock Route Management) Act 2002 QLD

Stock Act 1915 QLD

Transport Infrastructure Act 1994 QLD

Administering agency

Department of Natural Resources and Mines

Service Delivery

State Land Operation

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Contact the relevant local council for enquiries about permits

State Land Operation

Service Delivery

Department of Natural Resources and Mines

Website: Local government directory (Opens in new window)