You can obtain this accreditation by completing a 'Traffic controller accreditation application' (F4115) and submitting it to a Department of Transport and Main Roads (TMR) Customer Service Centre or lodge it online (new applications only).
You must submit the following with your application:
Standard evidence of identity (EOI)
- Queensland driver licence current or expired by less than 2 years, or
- 3 evidence of identity documents (1 category A document, 1 category B document and 1 document from either category with the applicant's signature).
Your criminal and traffic history will be checked.
To apply for traffic controller accreditation you must:
- be an individual (not a company or business)
- complete an approved traffic controller training course delivered by a registered training provider
- complete the Traffic controller accreditation application (F4115)
- satisfy certain medical fitness and suitability criteria
- provide evidence of having held an Australian or foreign open or provisional driver licence (but not a learner licence) within the last 5 years
- pay the appropriate fee.