Water Carrier Licence and Water Tanker Approval - Gladstone Regional Council - Queensland


Council advises that a licence under the Food Act 2006 is required when a business carts water for sale for potable use. For further information contact the Gladstone Regional Council.


Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Application process

Contact council for more information on the current application process and relevant form.


This licence can be transferred by Amendment of Licence form which both the seller and purchaser are required to sign.

Additional information

If applying for a mobile food licence, for the first time as a water carrier, other approvals may include:

  • access to council standpipes
  • local law permits if applicable
  • debtors account with council.

Council may grant this permit if satisfied that:

  • the water you are distributing is of an appropriate quality for domestic purposes
  • your business complies with other criteria specified by local law policies.

Administering agency

Gladstone Regional Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Gladstone Regional Council

Operating address: 101 Goondoon Street
Gladstone, Queensland 4680
Mailing address: PO BOX 29
Gladstone, Queensland 4680
Phone: 1300 733 343
Phone: 07 4970 0700
Fax: 07 4975 8500
Email: info@gladstone.qld.gov.au
Website: Gladstone Regional Council (Opens in new window)