The main objects of the Act are to:
- protect the public by ensuring architectural services of an architect are provided in a professional and competent way
- maintain public confidence in the standard of services provided by architects and
- uphold the standards of practice of architects.
The Act provides for:
- the registration of individuals as architects
- the monitoring and enforcement of compliance with the Act
- imposition of obligations on persons about the practice of architecture and
- establishing the Board of Architects of Queensland.
The following Subordinate Legislation should be examined:
Architects Regulation 2003.