Object or Purpose of this legislative Instrument:
- Ensuring appropriate standards and levels of accountability for the conduct of general gaming are set and maintained.
- Ensuring the public obtains reasonable net benefits from the conduct of general gaming.
- Ensuring individuals engaged in conducting general gaming do not derive a personal gain from it.
- Ensuring the integrity of general gaming is maintained.
- Ensuring public confidence and trust in buying general gaming tickets as a worthwhile way of supporting a persons fundraising activities are maintained.
The Act provides for the issuing of general licenses:
- Bingo centre licence
- A category 3 gaming licence
- A lucky envelope printer licence
- A special category 3 gaming licence
The Act also provides for the investigation of suspected breaches and the prosecution of offences.
The following Subordinate Legislation should be examined:
The following Guides or Booklets are available:
- Guide to Category 1 Games
- Guide to Category 2 Games
- Guide to Category 3 Games
- Guide to Category 4 Promotional Games
- Guide to Tipping Competitions
- Record Keeping Guidelines.