Commercial harvest fishery licence - Queensland


You need this licence if you are taking any of the following for trade or commerce:

  • Coral (Symbol D), Shell Grit (Symbol G), Star Sand (Symbol H)
  • Trochus on the East Coast of Queensland (Symbol J1)
  • Beachworm (Symbol W1)
  • Bloodworm (Symbol W2)
  • Aquarium fish (Symbol A1 or A2)
  • Yabbies (Symbol Y)
  • Beche-de-mer (East Coast) (Symbol B1)
  • Shell (Symbol F)
  • Oysters (Symbol O)
  • Juvenile eels (Symbol JE)
  • Eel (Symbol E)

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


This licence remains ongoing while fees are paid.


Fees Details for this service in table format.

Task Type Business Structure Description
General Licence Sole Trader, Partnership, Company, Trust, Co-operative, Incorporated Association, Other

Queensland commercial fishing fees

Additional Information

These are limited entry fisheries - please refer to Limited entry policy guidelines.

If operations are to be carried out in a marine park, you must obtain the appropriate Marine park permit.

Please note that, apart from regional offices do not accept completed applications with fees. However they do have the range of application forms for distribution.


For legislation and regulation information, visit in new window)

Administering agency

Department of Agriculture and Fisheries

Fisheries Queensland

Licensing and Fisheries Information

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Customer Service Centre

Phone: 07 3404 6999
Phone: 13 25 23
Website: Department of Agriculture and Fisheries Customer Service Centre (Opens in new window)