The Department, through Sport and Recreation Services works with sport and recreation organisations, councils, schools, community organisations, state agencies and the wider community to increase participation, develop better skills in the industry and create better places and opportunities for participation in sport and recreation.
The Department provides a variety of programs and services to the sport and recreation industry.
Funding programs coordinated by Sport and Recreation Services include the following:
- young Athlete Assistance Program
- get Started
- get Going
- get Playing
- state Sport and Recreation Organisation Development Program
- Industry Peak Body Funding
- local Sport and Recreation Jobs Plan
- sport and Recreation Disaster Recovery Program
Details of funding programs open for applications are provided at the sport and recreation website.
Community and school programs:
Early childhood programs provide resources that provide physical activity for babies, toddlers, preschoolers and school-aged children:
- Get Active Queensland Accreditation Program
- Building Active Communities Workshops
- Volunteer and Club/Association Management Program
- Challenge, Achievement and Pathways in Sport Program
- Food for Sport: Healthy food and drink guidelines for sporting clubs
- Play by the Rules
- Tallebudgera, Currimundi and Lake Tinaroo Active Recreation Centre's and the Tallebudgera Leisure Centre
- Townsville Sports Reserve
- Toowoomba Sports ground
For further information on the Department's community and school sport and recreation programs please refer to the website.