The Residential Tenancy Authority's (RTA) core responsibility is to administer the Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 in Queensland.
The Residential Tenancies and Rooming Accommodation Act 2008 (the Act) defines the rights and responsibilities of tenants, lessors and agents for residential tenancies; and residents, providers and agents for rooming accommodation in Queensland.
The Act commenced on 1 July 2009 and replaced the repealed Residential Tenancies Act 1994 and the Residential Services (Accommodation) Act 2002.
The following Guides or Booklets are available:
- Pocket guide for tenants - houses and units (Form 17a)
- Pocket guide for tenants - caravan parks (Form 17b)
- Pocket guide for tenants - houses and units (Form 17a) translated into 6 languages (Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional, Korean, Vietnamese, Japanese & Arabic)
- Managing general tenancies in Queensland
- Managing caravan park tenancies in Queensland
- Managing rooming accommodation in Queensland
- Easy guide for residents - rooming accommodation
- Know the rules - renting mini-guides in 9 languages (English, Tamil, Swahili, Somali, Dinka, Karen, Kirundi, Farsi & Dari)
- Postcard series: Know where you stand (tenants, Indigenous people & students) and Knowing tenancy law is a smart investment (Landlords) and Tenancy matters (corporate)
- Fact Sheets are available on the RTA website.