The Office of Fair Trading keeps a public register of occupations regulated under the following acts:
- Introduction Agents Act 2001
- Property Agents and Motor Dealers Act 2000
- Second hand Dealers and Pawnbrokers Act 2003
- Security Providers Act 1993
- Tourism Services Act 2003
- Travel Agents Act 1988.
You can search the register online for free at www.fairtrading.qld.gov.au. A printed licence extract can be obtained by contacting the Office of Fair Trading on 13 QGOV (13 74 68), there is a fee for this service.
The following Subordinate Legislation should also be examined
- Security Providers (Amendment) Act 2007
- Security Providers Regulation 2008
- Security Providers (Security Firm Code of Practice) Regulation 2008
- Security Providers (Crowd Control Code of Practice) Regulation 2008
- Security Providers (Security Officer Licensed Premises Code of Practice) Regulation 2008.