This program is to help eligible businesses be in a stronger position to respond to competition and grow into globally competitive businesses through utilising new technologies.
The objectives of the program are to:
- assist small businesses to access the latest digital technologies to increase their productivity and competitiveness
- enable small businesses to employ more staff and grow to medium-size businesses
- provide access to training to allow small businesses to use new technologies more effectively
- generate improved business confidence and increase business sustainability
- enable regional small businesses to expand their market reach through an online presence
- assist small businesses to work smarter, be more innovative and work fewer hours
- create an environment that makes it easier to do business.
Matching funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided for the purchase of hardware, software and services - such as digital coaching. The business must show that the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
The digital technology or service must fall under one of four identified priority areas:
- content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media, etc.)
- receiving payments or selling online
- specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
- digital planning, marketing strategy development, and training.