program provides newly started small businesses access to professional advice
and support in the critical early stages of establishing a business.
objectives of the program are to:
- support new Queensland small
businesses to establish and develop
- encourage entrepreneurship
and increase business capability and skills
- facilitate and encourage
access to professional business advice
- improve business confidence
and business sustainability
- promote a culture of
successful small businesses within Queensland
- assist small businesses to
work smarter, be more innovative and work less hours
- result in more small
businesses surviving, growing and employing staff
- create an environment that
makes it easier to do business.
Matched funding of up to $5000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses to engage a consultant, advisor, or business coach to help establish or develop the business.
Payment will be made directly to the business on completion of the project and on presentation of proof of payment for the service. The value of the grant payment will be increased to compensate for any GST.
The advice must fall under one or more of the following areas:
- professional business, tax, computing, legal or financial (accounting) advice
- business and strategic planning
- market research and marketing strategies, including branding strategies and social media/digital strategies.