Temporary Lane/Road Closure - Queensland


You must apply for a Temporary Lane/Road Closure assessment from council if you want to close a council-controlled road, lane or council parking bay in the council area. This application is for a council assessment of the impact of the closure on traffic. It is not a permit. Road closure permits are issued by Queensland Police. You must provide councils assessment to Queensland Police when you apply for the permit.

If you want to close a State-controlled road or lane (a main road), you need to apply to the Queensland Department of Transport and Main Roads.

Council can advise if a road is council-controlled or state-controlled.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


Council determines the length of this approval.

Additional Information


For legislation and regulation information, visit https://www.legislation.qld.gov.au(Opens in new window)

Administering agency

Local Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Website: Local government directory (Opens in new window)