Approval to Conduct Activities on Council Land, Parklands, Reserves, Rivers or Lakes - City of Adelaide Council - South Australia


Council approval is required to conduct activities on Council parklands, reserves, rivers or lakes.

Approval is required to:

  • use or construct pontoons;
  • hire parklands, reserves or lakes;
  • train horses or dogs on foreshores or reserves for commercial purposes;
  • conduct weddings;
  • take photographs, films or videos;
  • erect a ladder or trestle;
  • use a crane or cherry picker;
  • hire boats or conduct any other hire business;
  • conduct yachting or other recreational lessons; or
  • undertake any other form of commercial function, display or exhibition.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Please consult the council for more information regarding eligibility requirements.


Per event.


Variable; refer to your local Council.

Additional information

Application in writing

Administering agency

City of Adelaide Council

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Customer Centre

City of Adelaide Council

Operating address: 25 Pirie Street
Adelaide, South Australia 5000
Mailing address: GPO BOX 2252
Adelaide, South Australia 5001
Phone: 08 8203 7203
Contact us website: Submit an online enquiry (Opens in new window)
Online chat: Start online chat (Opens in new window)
Website: City of Adelaide Council (Opens in new window)