Approval to Discharge Trade Waste into Council's CWMS - South Australia


All trade waste generators that discharge wastewater into Council???s Community Waste Water Management System (CWMS) will require a Trade Waste Permit, renewed annually, or at an appropriate period as determined by the authorised officer at a set fee.

Trade waste is any wastewater produced by a commercial or industrial activity of a non-domestic nature. This means any wastewater other than from toilets, kitchens, laundries and bathrooms within a residential dwelling.

Trade wastes may be discharged into the CWMS provided the wastewater quality complies with Council???s Local Acceptance Criteria. Charges will be incurred for trade waste discharges exceeding standard domestic quality and quantity in accordance with the Trade Waste Charging Procedure.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.




Pre-existing premises: $214.00
New premises: $326.00

Act(s) name

Local Government Act 1999 South Australia

Public and Environmental Health Act 1987 South Australia

Administering agency

District Council of Mount Barker

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Administration Officer

Operating address: 6 Dutton Road
Mount Barker SA 5251
Mailing address: PO Box 54
Mount Barker SA 5251
Phone: 0883917200
Fax: 0883917299
Website: (Opens in new window)