You will require a certificate of compliance if you carry out electrical, gas or plumbing work in South Australia. Electrical, gas and plumbing certificates of compliance provide evidence that:
- the electrician, gas fitter or plumber who has completed the work is appropriately licensed
- the work completed has been tested and is proven to be safe
- the work complies with necessary regulations, rule and standards
- the contractor has officially informed you of any existing safety problems with the installation
- you have met part of your legal obligation to own a compliant, safe and safely operable installation
Certificates of compliance should be given to your customer and submitted online to the Office of the Technical Regulator via the electronic Certificate of Compliance website.