You will need this permit to undertake any alteration to a public building or road. A public road is any road or road verge owned or controlled by your local council.
You will make an alteration to a public road if you:
- alter the construction or arrangement of the road to permit or facilitate access from an adjacent property
- erect or install a structure (including pipes, wires, cables, fixtures, fittings and other objects) in, on, across, under or over the road
- change or interfere with the construction, arrangement or materials of the road
- change, interfere with or remove a structure associated with the road
- plant, interfere with, or remove a tree or other vegetation on the road.
This permit includes, but is not limited to, the following activities:
- construction of driveway crossovers
- installation and repair of stormwater drainage connections
- development of street verges and / or nature strips
- installation of underground electrical and water connections.