Commercial Filming Licence - South Australia


Any company, organisation or individual proposing to undertake commercial filming or photography in national parks or reserves in South Australia requires a Commercial Filming Licence.

Note: Licences are also required for commercial filming or photography undertaken in wilderness protection areas or zones.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.

Eligibility requirements

Criteria vary depending on the type and scale of the filming activity and the location. Requires $10M public liability insurance policy.




Variable; Please confirm at time of application.

Cheque, money order or credit card.

Act(s) name

National Parks & Wildlife Act 1972 South Australia

Wilderness Protection Act 1992 South Australia

Regulation(s) name

National Parks & Wildlife (National Parks) Regulations 2019 South Australia

Wilderness Protection Regulations 2006 South Australia

Administering agency

Department for Environment and Water

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Parks Licensing and Events

Operating address: Natural Resources Centre
Ground Floor, 81-95 Waymouth Street
Adelaide SA 5000
Mailing address: Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resou
GPO Box 1047
Adelaide SA 5001
Phone: 0882041910
Fax: 0881151324
Website: (Opens in new window)