Driveway/Road Kerbs/Crossover Permit - South Australia


Permission to remove and replace a road/kerb crossover from land to a carriageway is required.

A driveway crossover is the section of the driveway that starts from behind the kerb and gutter (invert) and goes over the footpath to the property boundary for vehicular access to a property. Even though this is on Council land, it is the property owners responsibility to install and maintain a driveway crossover whether it be concrete, pavers or a compacted material. This includes the section of the footpath the driveway incorporates.

Council will conduct a site visit to determine if the location of the proposed driveway is appropriate and if any other approval is required. Council must inspect and approve every driveway crossover application.

Service type


A licence defines the need to obtain recognition / certification and registration to undertake a certain business activity.


As designated.


Variable; refer to your local Council.

Additional information

Refer to your Council for documents to be submitted

Administering agency

City of Salisbury

Contact details

Contact Email, Phone and Address Details for this service in simple two column table format, header then data.

Please use these contact details for help or more information:

Customer Centre

Operating address: 12 James Street
Salisbury SA 5108
Mailing address: PO Box 8
Salisbury SA 5108
Phone: 0884068222
Fax: 0882815466
Website: (Opens in new window)