You will need this permit to conduct a water affecting activity in Adelaide or the Mount Lofty Ranges.
A water affecting activity is an activity that may negatively impact the health and condition of water resources, ecosystems that depend on water resources, and other water users. Water resources include watercourses, lakes or dams, floodplains, groundwater, springs, wetlands, waterholes and catchment landscapes.
You will need this permit if your proposed activity involves:
- constructing or enlarging dams or structures to collect or divert water
- building structures, obstructing or depositing solid materials in a watercourse, lake or floodplain
- draining or discharging water or brine into a watercourse, lake or well
- excavating material from a watercourse, lake or floodplain
- destroying vegetation in a watercourse, lake or floodplain
- drilling, deepening and back filling wells, bores and groundwater access trenches
- using effluent or water imported to an area for commercial activities, such as irrigation.
Please contact the agency for more information.